MELVILLE Syrah, Sta. Rita Hills 'Estate' 2015

A combination of two different Syrah clones, Estrella and Clone 99. The winemaking team at Melville elected to gently de-stem 70% of the fruit, and allow the remaining 30% as whole cluster. The result is a highly complex wine, with aromas of salted meats, black olives, black tea and coffee grounds all coming together beautifully in the glass. This leads to precise flavors of black cherry, black olives, mint and thyme. This possesses wonderful structure with a gorgeous mouthfeel, leaving behind a lasting impression of dark fruits and peppery flavors. Showing extreamly well today, this should continue to evolve beautifully with some additional bottle age. (Best 2017-2027) - August, 2017 (OB)

Wine Specifications

  • Report Date: August, 2017
  • Producer: Melville
  • Vintage: 2015
  • Drinking Window: 2017-2027
  • Estimated Value: $30
  • Country: United States
  • Region: California
  • Appellation: Santa Rita Hills
  • Importer: NA

Go Back To:

We use cookies for analytics and to improve our site. You agree to our use of cookies by accepting this message box or continuing to use our site.
More information Ok